Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snickerdoodles

 
 
So I think I may have a small baking addiction. Maybe it comes from the fact that I love eating it! I have a major sweet tooth. And maybe the fact that when it comes to cooking, I can't cook worth a darn! However I have had good luck when it comes to tasty sweets that are super unhealthy yet super delicious. Here is a snickerdoodle recipe adapted from a cookbook.




Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter (I used half butter half margarine)
1 1/4 cups sugar ( i used 1 cup white, 1/4 coconut ;) just because I didn't have enough white)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 Tbsp water
3 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Makes 15-20 cookies


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy.

 

 
 
Add vanilla, water and eggs and mix until combined.

 
Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together and add to sugar mixture gradually until blended.
Roll into balls. 
 









Mix 1/3cup white sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl, and roll each ball in mixture until well coated.


 




Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min to until cracking and bottom is lightly browned. (my oven took longer, you just need to keep an eye on them)




And there you have it a super fluffy and soft snickerdoodle. Perfect with a cup of tea. Enjoy!!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment