Thursday, February 14, 2013

pLaY cLaY



For a long time I avoided the dreadful playdough just thinking of the mess. Not to mention the demands from my young man "make me a worm", "make me an ice cream cone", "make me a ball or a car or a snowman!" It was never ending and the the pressure to build was just too much! Well not really but I just wasn't a fan of the squishy dough and everything that came with it.


So in comes Grandma with her dough and her fisherprice playdough accessories from the 1980's and my son was IN Love! Play, play, play. I set out to find an easy homemade recipe that didn't involve cooking. Because really who wants to stand over the stove and stir a pot if there isn't chocolate or some other deliciousness inside it? That is when I discovered Kool- Aid Playdough. Easy, simple, and smells Amazing! When I say simple I mean if you know how to boil a kettle you can make this! Give it a try, you might even find yourself squishing it, cutting out cookies, rolling worms, and building elaborate sculptures. And of course smelling it!! It really smells great, almost good enough  to eat. I stress the "almost" but super safe even if your kiddo's decide they'd like a bite.


Kool - Aid Playdough

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2pkg koolaid
2 cups boiling water
3 tbs oil ( I used olive)

In a bowl mix flour, salt and kool aid together.
Add boiling water, and oil.
Stir until well combined and let cool enough to knead.
Knead dough until you get a nice smooth texture adding flour if it is too sticky.
Store in an airtight container.
PLAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment